Sunday, February 8, 2015

Do you even care about me?
I realized I'm pouring my soul into a cup with the bottom cut out and my wasted efforts are splattered on the floor. I'm making a mess. And you don't even care, do you?
What the hell am I doing?
I'm a nuisance. I'm a pest. An animal that you pat on the head once a week and kick out of your way when it comes to you for anything. I'm a dog.
You know what I say? Fuck it. I'm going to keep trying to make you happy. Because you think everyone will give up on you. You think humanity is always going to leave you destitute and unhappy. But you're wrong. I'm not giving up on you. I'm going to remain your friend, no matter what you're dealing with. I'm going to do for you what I always thought you would do for me. Even though I may have been wrong about that, I'm not wrong about this.
I'm your friend. I care about you. And I'm going to help you. I'm going to do whatever I can to make you feel good about your life.
Maybe you'll start to care about me. Who knows? But that's not what's important here. 
I'm here for you.
And that's not going to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment