Thursday, September 20, 2012

Saying Everything

See, this is why I feel like I could maybe one day have a crush on you.
You tell me when you feel stuff isn't right.
This is also why I'm kind of scared of maybe having a crush on you one day.
Because I've found that relationships result in suspended reality. In the past, when I got romantically involved with people, I feel like I have to be happy. Like everything has to be fine and good and great when I'm around my significant other. Even if it isn't.
I feel like romance and real life don't really connect for me. At least, not yet.
So, that's why I'm scared of the possibility of seeing you in a romantic light.
I won't be able to have the conversation I just had with you again. We won't talk deep. We won't share our deeper concerns about things.
We'll just be in our little bubble of romantic, fluffy half-truths, floating along until we hit the finger of Discovery on the hand of Secrets belonging to the Child of Shortcomings. Then, our bubble will burst, emotions will fly everywhere, and the two of us will be left confused, hurt, and not trusting the other.

I don't want that to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment