Five days.
Five days before you go far away.
I know that in actuality we have it pretty easy. I'll get to see you every once in a while. Hopefully about once a month. I know you're only a few hours away, rather than across a few oceans.
But does the distance actually matter? The thing is, you're going to be gone from my day-to-day life. I won't get to see you every couple of days. If you were going to Australia, I would still feel about the same right now. I won't get to see you for a while, and I'm going to miss you like hell.
I'm scared. I'm very scared. I love you so much, and I'm afraid that your feelings for me are going to fade. I know you don't want that to happen. But it's still scary. Because I won't be there all the time. I won't be able to drive to your house to hold you while you cry. I won't be able to rest my head on yours as we watch parks and rec. I won't be able to hold your hand as I drive to reap the benefits of Two-Punch Tuesday.
Already, nights are hard for me. The idea of you being gone just. Ruins me. Completely.
I can still function, sort of. I breathe, I eat, I even laugh when you aren't around. But everything lacks substance. When you're around, everything pulses with life. Colors are present where they weren't there before. I look at pizza and I'm like "Whoa, this pizza is so beautiful!" Instead of being like "Oh, look. Food."
Stupid example, but whatever.
Basically. I have five days to fill up with memories and meaning and us and you. And. I miss you already.
You're my person and I love you.
Drive safe.
Text me when you get there.
Love me.
Love,
Me.
No comments:
Post a Comment